Mark D. Shermeyer has been Principal-In-Charge from the start and an active participant in all of SAAarchitects’ projects throughout the firm’s 24 year history. His experience includes planning and design expertise in all aspects of new construction, building renovation, and rehabilitation and adaptive reuse for healthcare, community, governmental, commercial, educational and housing projects. Mr. Shermeyer is knowledgeable of carious delivery methods for projects including design/build and owner self-perform work, as well as experience working with construction management companies on assignments. He possesses a broad knowledge of building, ADA, PA UCC/IBC, Life Safety Codes, LEED, Green and Sustainable design principals. He often represents owners and clients at public meetings and before regulatory boards and has been highly successful at negotiating with agencies and commissions regarding design alternatives, exceptions and variances.
37 years experience, including 24 years as President of SAAarchitects.
Bachelor of Architecture, Carnegie Mellon University.
- Registered Architect in Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, and Delaware
- Reciprocity in all states through National Council of Architectural Boards (NCARB) certification
- Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) LEED Green Associate
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- United States Green Building Council (USGBC)
- International Code Council (ICC)
- American Society for Healthcare Engineering (PSHFE)
- Member, Board of Directors, York Area Housing Group, 2014
- Judge, Excellence in Construction Awards, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), Keystone Chapter, 2012
- Member and former Chair, York Historical Architectural Review Board, 1999- Present
- Judge, Preservation Pennsylvania Awards, 2009
- Member, PA Keystone Grant Review Panel, PA Historical and Museum Commission, 2008
- Member, Rotary Downtown York