SAA’s Brook Hill Residence Obtains LEED Certification
Since first opening our doors, we have been focused on being green-minded architects, and our Brook Hill home was just recognized in a plaque ceremony for this very purpose.
The home is the very first in York County to be fully green and LEED certified. Its orientation encourages passive solar gain through major glass areas. Each feature both inside and outside of the building (from the color the walls have been painted to the landscape outside) is fully green. We are truly proud of this accomplishment.
- EnergyStar Certified appliances
- Radon Resistant construction
- HERS Rating: 56
- Full LED lighting
- Sealed natural gas fireplace
- High efficiency plumbing fixtures
- Hot water recirculation system
- Environmentally preferred products
- Low VOC paints and finishes
- Geothermal heating and cooling
- ERV system (for constant air exchange)
- Maximum use of natural light
- High LRV interior wall and ceiling colors